Recap of Week 3 of the South Select Series: Leaderboards, Games Recaps, Top Performances, & More.
The 11u, 12u, & 14 Major all kicked off their first weekend of play for the South Select Series while 13u returned for their second week of action over at Live Oak Sports Complex. There was no shortage of fireworks with 20+ home runs being hit between all age groups this past weekend. Plenty of baseball was played and lots of movement was made in the leaderboards.
- Evan Duplechain wasted no opportunities at the plate on Sunday, driving in four on two hits to lead Knights Knation Lafayette 11u past Legendz Baseball 11u 18-6 on Sunday. The Knights' bats came out on firing, putting up a 13-spot in the first inning. Evan drove in runs on a grand slam in the first inning. Taylor Eskridge had a dinger in the third inning. Knights Knation Lafayette 11u scattered eight hits in the game. Taylor and Evan each had multiple hits for Knights Knation Lafayette 11u while Peyton Guilbeau, Gabe Guilbeau, Gage Soileau, and Will Fontenot all tallied a hit.
- It came down to the wire on Sunday, with Louisiana Prime 12u taking victory on a dramatic walk-off double in the late innings that sealed their victory over Louisiana Force 12u. The game was tied at eight with Louisiana Prime 12u batting in the bottom of the fifth when Jack Garcille doubled, scoring the winning run. Louisiana Prime 12u collected eight hits on the day. Jack Garcille and Karter Omdoff each managed multiple hits for Louisiana Prime 12u. Louisiana Prime 12u didn't commit a single error in the field. Brynnum Chaney had five chances in the field, the most on the team. Louisiana Prime 12u tore up the base paths, as two players stole at least two bases. Karter Omdoff led the way with three. Louisiana Force 12u collected 13 hits. Jobe Fontenot, Hudson Callendar, Cruse Brewster, Kaden Mayers, and Cort Willis each had multiple hits for Louisiana Force 12u.
- Ascension Sun Devils 13u got out to a six-run lead in the third inning and held on for a 7-5 victory over Knights Knation Baton Rouge (Merrill) 13u on Saturday. Knights Knation Baton Rouge (Merrill) 13u tallied five runs in the failed comeback. Evan Dauzat, Parker Fife, and Braylen Montgomery picked up RBIs to lead the rally. But the hot bat of Rhett Boeckmann propelled the Sun Devils to a victory.
- Knights Knation Spring 14u Major jumped ahead early and added some insurance runs late to win 9-2 over Louisiana Kings Black 14u Major. Knights Knation Spring 14u Major got things moving in the first inning, when Rowen Bergeron doubled on the first pitch of the at bat, scoring one run. The Knights would then go on to score 3 more runs that innings. In the sixth inning, Knights Knation Spring 14u Major tallied four runs. Batters contributing to the big inning included Hayden Villar, Charles Musgrove, Cullen Bishop, and Matthew Calamari, who all drove in runs. Kanyon Griffen, Ayden Welsh, Tritan Potier, Isaac Russell, and Parker Castille all had one hit for Louisiana Kings Black 14u Major.
Top Plays & Highlights:
14u Major Division:
- Cade Wilkerson (Acadiana Elite Squad): .625 AVG, 1 (3B), 1 (2B), 3 (1B), 4 RBI
- Jude Weller (Knights Knation PACK): .429 AVG, 1 (3B), 1 (2B), 1 (1B), 1 RBI / 4.0 IP, 7 K, 1 H, 3 BB, 0.00 ERA
- Jacob McCann (Knights Knation Spring): 4.0 IP, 3 K, 1 H, 0 BB, 0.00 ERA
- Cooper Smith (Knights Knation PACK): .308 AVG, 1 (3B), 1 (2B), 2 (1B)
- Kanyon Griffen (Louisiana Kings Black): .444 AVG, 1 (3B), 3 (1B), 1 RBI / 2.0 IP, 3 K, 0 H, 1 BB, 0.00 ERA
- Zach Hu (Knights Knation BR - Merrill): .556 AVG, 3 (HR), 2 (1B), 9 RBI
- Rhett Boeckmann (Ascension Sun Devils): .400 AVG, 3 (HR), 1 (2B), 7 RBI
- Lon Paul Moody (Acadiana Cajuns): .714 AVG, 2 (HR), 5 (2B), 3 (1B), 9 RBI / 5.0 IP, 6 K, 2 H, 1.40 ERA
- Wesley Duplechin (Knights Knation Lafayette): .556 AVG, 1 (HR), 1 (2B), 3 (1B), 6 RBI
- Kaias Blanco (Acadiana Cajuns): .700 AVG, 1 (HR), 2 (2B), 4 (1B), 5 RBI / 3.0 IP, 4 K, 2 H, 2.33 ERA
- Ayden Bullock (Knights Knation NOLA - Schexnayder/Federick): .714 AVG, 2 (HR), 1 (2B), 2 (1B), 4 RBI / 3.0 IP, 3 K, 3 H, 2.00 ERA
- Haden Heath (Knights Knation BR - Jones): .692 AVG, 1 (3B), 1 (2B), 7 (1B), 6 RBI / 4.0 IP, 5 K, 0 H, 1 BB, 0.00 ERA
- Dekohta Jones (Knights Knation BR - Jones): .455 AVG, 3 (HR), 1 (2B), 1 (1B), 8 RBI / 2.0 IP, 2 K, 1 H, 0.00 ERA
- Ian Smith (Ascnesion Rays): .625 AVG, 3 (2B), 2 (1B), 8 RBI / 1.0 IP, 3 K, 1 H, 0.00 ERA
- Thomas Roussel (Ascension Rays): .500 AVG, 1 (2B), 1 (1B), 4 RBI / 4.0 IP, 2 K, 1 H, 1 BB, 0.00 ERA
- Quinn Fiasconaro (Knight Knation BR - Leary): .556 AVG, 2 (HR), 1 (2B), 2 (1B), 9 RBI / 2.0 IP, 5 K, 0 H, 0.00 ERA
- Judah Zito (Knights Knation BR - Leary): .583 AVG, 1 (2B), 6 (1B), 5 RBI
- Collin Champagne (337 Baseball): 4.0 IP, 2 K, 3 H, 1.50 ERA
- Peyton Guilbeau (Knights Knation Lafayette): .600 AVG, 1 (2B), 5 (1B), 4 RBI / 3.0 IP, 3 K, 2 H, 2.00 ERA
- Beau Brown (Louisiana Kings) .556 AVG, 2 (HR), 3 (1B), 4 RBI
(VIEW PLAYER PROFILE) Cade Wilkerson
(VIEW PLAYER PROFILE) Zach Hu
(VIEW PLAYER PROFILE) Ayden Bullock
(VIEW PLAYER PROFILE) Quinn Fiasconaro
Up Next for South Select Series:
Coming up this weekend, we will see both the 14u AAA and 14u Major duke it out at Zachary Youth Park and Crowley Sports Complex, respectively.
To view the 14u AAA schedule, CLICK HERE
To view the 14u Major schedule, CLICK HERE
Elevate the Standard of Youth Baseball | #Play2D