Recap of Week 4 of the South Select Series: Leaderboards, Games Recaps, Top Performances, & More.
The future of high school baseball were in action for the 2nd time this weekend, for the 14u AAA & Major were the only Select Series divisions to be in action this past weekend. Great weather and atmosphere made for some competitive youth baseball games and movements within the GameChanger leaderboards and stats.
- In pitching-dual game, Knights Knation PACK comes victorious over Knights Knation Spring 10-0. The game was knotted 0-0 until the Top 5 when Knights Knation PACK scratches a run off of a bases load walk by Gavin Nix. The bats then exploded in the top half of the 6th, with hits by Brayden Allen, Sawyer Pruitt, Cooper Smith, Trevor Hodges, & Jude Weller, tallying 9 runs. Trevor Hodges took the win for Knights Knation PACK 14u Major as they defeat their inner-program rival Knights Knation Spring. Hodges surrendered zero runs on six hits over six innings, striking out six.
- Ripzz Baseball came out to play early Saturday morning with a 8-0 win over Knights Knation Lafayette (Black). Ripzz tallied a run in the 3rd and 4th before exploding in the 5th with 6 runs to put the game out of reach. Rancher Miller, Kayden Boyer, Colton Longley, Cade Lemoine, Tanner Brian, & Colton LeBeouf all registered a hit for Ripzz Baseball. Matthew Lewis earned the win for Ripzz Baseball Academy 14u Major. The pitcher allowed three hits and zero runs over four and a third innings, striking out four and walking one.
- Louisiana Stars Navy 14u fired up the offense in their game against Louisiana Kings (Orange). Jacob Sessions singled, scoring one run in the first inning. The Stars then tallied four runs in the second inning. The offensive onslaught was led by Brooks Capps and Drew Sevin, all driving in runs in the frame. Sevin, Hunter Young, Sessions, and Capps each managed multiple hits for Louisiana Stars Navy 14u. In total, the Stars racked up 11 hits in the game. Sevin, Hunter Young, Sessions, and Capps each managed multiple hits for Louisiana Stars Navy 14u. Capps, Sessions, Young, and Sevin each collected two hits to lead Louisiana Stars Navy 14u. Sessions took the win for Louisiana Stars Navy 14u. Sessions allowed one hit and one run over three innings, striking out three. Mason Oliveaux and Beau DeVille entered the game out of the bullpen and helped to close out the game in relief.
- Bullet 14u AAA defeated Pelicans Baseball Club (Kramer) 14u AAA 7-6 on Sunday after walking it off in the 6th inning. Jack Ortego drove in Grant Habetz to score the winning run. Bats blistered as Bullet 14u AAA collected eight hits. Bullet 14u AAA tallied three runs in the fifth inning to tie things back up. Bullet 14u AAA scored its runs on a double by Diego Denison. In total, Bullet 14u AAA racked up eight hits. Brecken Bordelon and Jack Ortego each racked up multiple hits for Bullet 14u AAA.
Top Plays & Highlights:
⚾️ Week 4 #2DSelectSeriesSouth Highlights ⚾️— 2D Sports Youth Baseball ⚾️ (@2D_sportsYB) March 16, 2021
14u AAA & Major were in action this weekend, and all eyes were on them as they blistered some baseballs!🔥
📈 Check out full standings & leaderboards:https://t.co/lSX07qwR7k pic.twitter.com/1fN1yuHB2j
14u Major Division:
- Mason Leblanc (LA Dirtbags - Black): .833 AVG, 2 (3B), 1 (2B), 2 (1B), 3 RBI, .875 OBP, 1.667 SLG, 2.542 OPS
- Jude Weller (Knights Knation PACK): 6.0 IP, 9 K, 1 H, 0 BB, 1 HBP, 0 ER, 0.00 ERA, .500 WHIP
- Cade Wilkerson (Acadiana Elite): .750 AVG, 1 (3B), 2 (2B), 3 (1B), 5 RBI, .833 OBP
- Luke Corsten (LA Dirtbags - Black): .833 AVG, 1 (3B), 4 (1B), 6 RBI, .875 OBP, 2.542 OPS
- Gavin Nix (Knights Knation PACK): .700 AVG, 2 (3B), 3 (2B), 2 (1B), 4 RBI, .800 OBP, 1.400 SLG, 2.200 OPS
- Andrew Dugas (Knights Knation Lafayette) .600 AVG, 3.0 IP, 1 W, 0.00 ERA
14u AAA Division:
- Jacob Sessions (Louisiana Stars Navy): .800 AVG, 1 (3B), 7 (1B), 7 RBI / 3.0 IP 3 K, 1 H, 0.00 ERA, 1.00 WHIP
- Aggie Melendez (Gulf Coast Pirates): .455 AVG, 2 (3B), 1 (2B), 2 (1B), 5 RBI
- Zachary Mayo (Wildcats Baseball): .444 AVG, 4 (1B), 1 RBI
- Ryder Tettenhorst (Gulf Coast Pirates): 6.0 IP, 9 K, 2 H, 3 BB, 1 ER
- Brady Foolkes (Bullet): 5.0 IP, 5 K, 1 H, 0 ER
(VIEW PLAYER PROFILE) Mason Leblanc
(VIEW PLAYER PROFILE) Jacob Sessions
Up Next for South Select Series:
Coming up this weekend, the rest of the Select Series South age groups will get back to action in the Lafayette/Crowley area. You can find your teams schedule HERE.
Elevate the Standard of Youth Baseball | #Play2D